Why choose water vapour therapy?
If you're suffering from BPE, water vapour therapy provides numerous benefits.
- It allows to move away from long-term medications and their potential side effects.
- Clinical studies show that water vapour therapy relieves symptoms safely and effectively2,3.
- Most patients see a reduction in symptoms within two weeks3.
- Preserves erectile functions2.
- Preserves urinary functions2.
- Ability to return to regular activities within a few days2*
- Symptom relief that lasts3.
- No permanent implant.
Frequently Asked Questions
*Dependent on individual clinical situation and healing response.
- The procedure doesn’t require any incision and is done using natural body orifices.
- McVary KT, Gange SN, Gittelman MC, et al. Minimally invasive prostate convective water vapour energy ablation: A multicenter, randomized, controlled study for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol. 2016 May;195(5):1529-38.
- McVary KT, Rogers T, Roehrborn CG. Rezūm water vapour thermal therapy for lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia: 4-year results from randomized controlled study. Urology Gold Journal. 2019 Jan 23. [Epub ahead of print]
The content of this website is for information purposes only and not meant for product promotion or medical diagnostic. This information does not constitute medical or legal advice, and Boston Scientific makes no representation or warranty regarding this information or its completeness, accuracy or timeliness. Accordingly, Boston Scientific strongly recommends that you consult with your physician on all matters pertaining to your health or to address any questions.